Second Class Citizens brilliantly weaves together:
- The development of the welfare state and the efforts of disabled people to get recognition and support for their right to be included as equal citizens
- The growing attack on the welfare state and the lies and rhetoric that have been used to justify cuts to services and basic income security
- The life experiences of sick and disabled people and the real life impact of austerity and so-called 'welfare reforms'
- An overview of all the different policies and services that impact on sick and disabled people and others that have been targeted by Government cuts
- The economic flaws that underpin austerity and how modern economic thinking provides a better basis for developing a sustainable welfare state
Second Class Citizens
£12.99 Regular Price